Wednesday, November 5, 2008

BALANCING A SENSE OF NORMALCY IN THE RAPIDLY GROWING WEB WORLD

Today I was sitting down, on my "thinking chair," and was pondering the direction of the internet in the forthcoming years. I mean the web is quickly becoming, if not already one of Americans primary sources for news, entertainment, information, and anything else you can think of.

I mean no one can doubt the fast growing developments, and many possibilities the wonderful web world offers, but things can get a bit out of hand. Literally!

I mean there's just so much, so fast. Information is great and all, but there's only so much one can take, while being bumbarded with so many different messages.

You have your blogs, your dot coms, and your social networking sites. Then it just evolves even more. With programs and apps like digg, delicious, twitter, permalink, flicker, drop.io and even widgets.

If your not staying on your net game, you could fall off.

I'm not saying all of this is a bad thing, its just a bit much.

Is this normal. I feel like were becoming robots. I mean my blackberry is pretty much my third arm (I can live on the sheer features alone). Seriously.

I predict in 2016, Americans will be able to vote via text, or RFID (radio-frequency identification), or something like that.

Obama pretty much had his internet, and tech game in place, which was a huge contributing factor in the election, as well in getting young, and more tech savvy Americans out to the polls.
They even deemed this election the first double screen election. with most of us moving back and forth from TV to computer screen.

If that's the case I would say it was a three screen election. I got a lot of the national poll results in real time via my blackberry courtesy of "Viigo".

So this is what I say to you all out there in web world.

...Step away from the screen, and just breath. The next few years will be intense.

...Exhale!

No comments: